Wednesday, April 15, 2009

new ride

She's been begging for weeks...ever since the hint of spring. So when we happened across this little gem at a garage sale this morning I didn't even hesitate to say yes. It is SO fun to say yes isn't it? Made even better because I feel like I spend the majority of the day saying no to her....as in, "no you may not feed your baby brother your leftover peanut butter sandwich", "no you may not watch Barbie as Princess and the Pauper for the 4th time today", or "no you may not wear tights under your swim suit at swimming lessons". But I digress.

She was so amazingly cute peddling around our driveway. There were a few scary moments, before the braking lesson, when she came flying at me with camera posed...but no one was injured thankfully :)

So rare are the moments when we get to be alone together...just a girl and her mom. But with A down the block at school and S snuggled in his bed upstairs (I had the monitor...don't go calling CPS on me!)...it was easy to pretend for just a few moments that it was just the two of us.

It was a gorgeous day...sunny and bright. A great afternoon to be out soaking up the first signs of spring. I'm working on my skills shooting in full sun...not my preference but something that just can't be avoided at times. For those who love photography...I lowered my ISO to 125 for these which helped me keep my shutter speed in check. Seems to have worked nicely, but I'd love to hear any other tricks you might have! Notice her mostly brown ensemble? Brown dress, brown leggings, brown socks, and brown shoes. Cause big girls like brown apparently. Plain brown tops. And brown tennis shoes too.

My little Jule is growing up way too fast. Glad I got to say "YES" today and soak up the sun with my favorite 4 year old.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jules! You're such a big girl. :)

I shot in ISO 100 this week and was so excited; that means spring is here!

Meli (Jam Clothing) said...

That is one Sa-Weet ride. She looks so big. :)
Isnt it fun to find things like that at yard sales? Way better than spending tons for brand new. :)

Gorgeous pics as always girl.

Lala said...

Hi Jenn!!! Look how cute she is!!! And I KNOW she LOVED having you "all to herself"!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Love, Lala :o)

David & Erica said...

It is SO nice when you get to say, "Yes!". I know exactly how you feel.
Cute pics!

Erica

TaDa! Creations said...

Ahhh, the power of "yes"! That is just the best as a parent, I'm sure she was thrilled. So glad you got to have some sunny one-on-one time with your little Jule. :) Your full-light pics turned out really great.