Tuesday, November 25, 2008

thanks

In the spirit of Thanksgiving....a partial list of my many thanks.

big
1. A God who loves me, died for me, and cares about the mundane details of my life.
2. A husband who loves me despite myself, provides for me, and cares about the mundane details of my life.
3. Kids who love me and share each and every mundane detail of my life :)
4. 2 beautiful girls whose personalities are so vastly different that I am constantly challenged on how to be a good mom.
5. A beautiful baby boy whose birth made me realize that little else matters than the care of my children.
6. Parents who call, email, drive long hours, to take part in the mundane details of our lives.
7. Sisters who will stay up all night to discuss the mundane details of my life as well as share the mundane details of their lives.
8. A creative spirit and encouragement from many that make the mundane details of my life somehow enriching, inspiring, and well worth living.

side note: The older I get...the more I realize that life isn't about what we do but who we share it with. And although some days my life feels full and rich..and others mundane and dull...the journey is so worth taking if you share it with others.

little:
1. chocolate
2. baby socks
3. autumn color
4. eskimo kisses
5. bedtime snuggles
6. snow days
7. a good Sharpie pen
8. the perfect pair of jeans
9. little voices
10. a full nights sleep

May the mundane details of your holiday be richly blessed by sharing it with those you love!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

"Thanks" for your blog. I somehow came across your blog a few months ago and I'm totally inspired by your sweet words, great creations and awesome photos!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

wow, I love this! I can totally relate!!

Marisa and Nathan said...

What a good reminder for MANY things! To be grateful for big and small, mundane, and very important, and like you said..it's the people along the way that make the journey rich and rewarding. Thanks for orienting my heart with this blog!

Anonymous said...

Many things to be thankful for. I am thankful this year for meeting you. :)

nic said...

i love your lists...we really are blessed. thankful for you!