Monday, October 27, 2008

Markety Market

Home from market...dead tired...but inspired beyond belief! It was an overwhelmingly amazing experience! I have "just a few" pictures to share ;) If you make it through this post you will probably be as exhausted as I am!!

Me and Paula Prass on Friday night at the Meet and Greet (isn't she adorable???)

Mary (Flourishes), Patty (Modkid), and Myrinda (Fabrichound) after the schoolhouse series.

Kathy Miller showcasing the dress I made for Paula Prass (gulp!)

Me and Mary (is that a song??)

Traci (Hip Fabric), Patty, and Myrinda

Me and Patty. Ask Patty about the dorky note I sent into her while she was preparing her booth. Being such a "groupie" I couldn't wait to meet her in person...so I asked some poor unsuspecting woman to deliver a note to Patty while I lingered in the hallway!

Myrinda...love ya girl ;)

The ever-beautiful Heather Bailey (and me totally star struck)

Sandi Hendersson in her FABULOUS booth...it was ridiculously yummy...I want to live there.

Chatting with Patty in her booth...it was OVER THE TOP CUTE!

A glimpse at her whole booth! It looked just like a living room...so comfy and warm!

Billboard photos in Paula's booth. That sweet little girl is her grand daughter...notice anything else ;)

Paula's booth...TOTAL eye candy...GORGEOUS and FRESH! And look at the jacket she is wearing made by Mary. You NEED one! I'll be ordering mine soon!

Paul and her beautiful daughter Jennifer. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting them in person. They are both so sweet, down to earth, and genuine. I consider it a huge privilege to have gotten to work with them both!

Paula's sample outfits hung sweetly in her booth.

Me, Caroline (J Caroline Creative), and Traci

The most adorable collection of stuffies I have ever laid my eyes on (I think I bought every pattern they make!)...scroll on down for a picture of the sweet owners (Meli and Me).

The gang out to lunch!

Me and Anna Maria Horner....seriously my hero. Gorgeous new fabric lines, published her own book (YES I bought one and had it signed!), and pregnant with #6...need I say more?

In Jay McCarroll's booth (Winner of Project Runway). I tried desperately to get him to agree to let me buy this shirt. He did agree it flattered me...but I couldn't pry it away from his marketing manager (she gave me some story about needing it for future shows...whatever) Hoping Jay strays into designing some KNITS!

AMY BUTLER. SIGH. (please disregard my half closed eye which makes me look like I either smoked something behind the convention center or had a match with Muhammad Ali before visiting her booth. This is after all AMY BUTLER...and although I look ridiculous SHE does not...beautiful, sweet, genuine.)

Me and Chelsea (Pink Fig Patterns)...living out the dream of all of us mere ebayers!!

Me with my duds (Kathy Miller of Michael Miller fabrics looking on wondering why I am lame enough to actually pose with this dress in someone else's booth!)

One more for posterity

The gals from Meli and Me. They are Australian and just a hoot! We had a great time discussing the proper term for diapers/pampers/nappies, etc. You MUST purchase a few of their patterns (which consequently are NOT for diapers but adorable stuffed animals).

Out to dinner (might I mention that poor P was the token male at this dinner...and responsible for the following pictures). From left to right: Myrinda, Me, Coree (Banberry Place), Traci, Mary, Jona (if you read this I need your website addy again...I seemed to have misplaced your business card!), Sheree (Sheree's Alchemy)

One more of us all lined up!

That's it! I had the privilege of meeting several other sweet gals (including Jona of Fabritopia) but for some reason never stopped to snap a picture.

I'm dreaming of how to procure my own booth at market some day. I have a few ideas up my sleeve...but for now...I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed cheering on my friends and basking in their success.

I'll post the winner of the giveaway within a day or two (the laundry is calling)...I haven't forgotten!!

18 comments:

Mandy said...

OH*MY*STARS!
Is it possible to be overwelmingly JEALOUS of you & overwelmingly DELIGHTED FOR YOU all at the same time...!?!?
(I think so...LOL)
Awesome pics, so much fun! I am so glad you shared & had such a fantastic time...it was great to see pics of Myrinda too, I miss that crazy girl! ;)

Anonymous said...

Jenn, your pictures are fantastic (not that I'm surprised)! I'm so glad to have met you. :)

Heather- Extra Frosting Please said...

Ahhhh, I almost feel like I was there! Are those spools of yummy ribbon at the J Caroline booth...be still my heart?

Just the Sous Chef said...

All those fabrics are just soooooooooooooooo darn cute! Cuteness overload in those pics! Thanks for sharing.

Love said...

look how cute you are! =) glad you had such a great time!

Little Munchkins said...

I would have loved to be there but since I couldn't, thanks for sharing all those lovely photos.

amylouwhosews said...

wow! A veritable who's who of the fabric world. One day I will get to go too!

Sheree said...

It was so awesome to meet you!! You are sooo cute and so sweet! We must keep in touch.

You are so talented...I can't wait to visit YOUR BOOTH at market some day.

Hugs!
Sheree

Daria - Boutique Cafe said...

It was so wonderful to see you there! I wished we would have had longer to visit, but thrilling just the same to hang out for a bit. I know I got pics of us together too - I'll have to find them and send one on to you.

Loved your coverage of Market :) XOXOXO
Daria

Hip Fabric said...

GREAT pictures!! It was so much fun meeting and hanging out with you!! You are so fun and cute!! Can't wait to see you again!

Lala said...

Hi Jenn!!! What FUN it looks like you had!!! GREAT PICS... thanks for sharing them with us!!! Can't wait until SPRING!!!

Love, Lala XOXO

nic said...

thank you for doing such a thorough job of covering market...you know how much i wish i could have been there!

LOVE patty's booth, and you look amazing...

awesome post, sweets!

Maluhia said...

hey i'm in those pictures! my email is contact(at)maluhia-designs(dot)com. great meeting you! next time you need to stay longer!

Unknown said...

Oh Jenn, I'm still swimming in the memories of meeting you and the other gals. I'm still on Cloud 9.

Your photos turned out so good, I must confess I "borrowed" the one of us, since it was better than mine.

Lisa Chin said...

Thank you for sharing all your wonderful pictures from Market! I loved "meeting" all these wonderful women via your blog!

Anonymous said...

don't know how I found your blog, but sure am glad I did! Thanks for all the pictures of market. It's like being there. I would dream to go, but I am in the wrong business.

The Beauty Bargainista said...

how awesome!! I am so sad I didnt get to go, and it was in TEXAS, I mean, I didnt even have a good excuse! Its only a 4 hour drive to Houston! lol Oh well, you got some LOVELY photos, and I am dying over your creations that people displayed!!

Chocolate Polkadots by Robyn Michelle said...

That looks like such a fun market to go to!! Thanks for posting the pics. Is there another one this year? Is there a website for it? Do you mind emailing me the information for it? It's robyn@hutts.us Thanks!! :)