Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Price of Productivity


The girls and I share a space in our downstairs family room. It's a big space...L-shaped and the perfect spot for hours of play. We keep most of their toys there...the play kitchen, grocery store, puzzles, and their babies. Today they were parents...of lions...kind of strange I know. Their little lions were sick. They had "The Spits". And as a Mom I have to agree with them that that is the worst kind of sick. And so they spent the afternoon taking care of their little lions (remember that Simba and Nala from the Lion King are big at our house right now). I was in the room with them. I heard the little lions crying, the mommies scurrying about to take care of their sick charges. What I didn't realize was WHAT A MESS my children can make while I am busy being productive! I only sat down at my machine for a minute (or hour or two). I guess that's the price I pay!

No comments: