Monday, August 25, 2008

inner struggle

Tomorrow we are taking Sam to see a pediatric cardiologist. At his two month appointment his pediatrician found a heart murmur that he felt needed further investigation. He told me not to worry (yeah right). My cool, level-headed mommy side says "no big deal...totally common...he'll be fine" but my worry-wart manic mommy side is a bit concerned (ok, not a bit...) The thought of anything being wrong with my perfectly perfect little guy scares the begeebers right out of me. And I think to myself, "if it's no big deal...then why are we being sent to the leading pediatric cardiologist at the Children's Hospital". So you see my inner struggle.

So. If you think of Sam tomorrow...pray for a good report...a "it's no big deal" kind of response that will let me stop stressing about the "what ifs".

Thanks a bunch. And cuz that perfectly perfect little guy is darn cute I'll share just one pic.

11 comments:

Lala said...

Hi Jenn!!! OH FRIEND... I'll be thinkin about YINS tomorrow... let me know how it goes... Lk had a murmur too... and Nick when he was a newborn...

I think SUPER SAM is resembling "A" in that pic!

GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY!!!

Love, Lala :o)

Jessica said...

Hi, Jenn,
Prayers being sent your way.
***Hugs***
Jessica

TaDa! Creations said...

I'll be praying for you and Super Sam too.

Think of it this way, be very thankful you are seeing the top Dr. becasue when he tells you there is nothing wrong (and he will), you can truly truly be at ease. :)

((HUGS))

~Angel

Whitney :) said...

Hey Jenn -- Anna Grace had a small murmur when she was a baby, too -- and they told us it should close up on its own as she grew -- and it DID! So just hang in there -- it's normal to worry! Just ask a ton of questions and everything will be all right!

Hugs and thoughts your way today!
Whitney :)

Lynne said...

(((Jenn))) Prayers have been said and more will follow you through the day.

Marisa and Nathan said...

Jenn!!

Just remember your perfectly perfect Sam IS PERFECT no matter what! We are praying for comfort today for you!

It's Me: Jennie said...

Please let us know how it goes Jenn! I will keep you all in my prayers...he is perfect!, lot's of love girl, take care...

Jennifer
God Bless

Mandy said...

I know it's hard, but listen to "level-headed mommy"...Super Sam will be just fine, you wait & see. Hang in there, sweetie!! (**hugs**)
mandy

Tracy @ Crème de la Gems said...

Praying for Sam and your family today :)

Blessings to you!
~Tracy

Tonya said...

I will be thinking of your little guy...

xoxo

Tonya

nic said...

hey--i'm a bit late reading this, but still praying for you, sweetie.